The Embassy of India Library has a collection of nearly 10,000 books (Hindi, English and French) focusing on history, culture, sociology and international affairs of India. The public is welcome to consult books in the Library, on appointment.
The PIC wing loans exhibitions and Indian flags for specific events organized by associations and schools. The Embassy can be contacted for the same.
Opening hours (by appointment):
- Monday to Friday
Ms. Gaëlle Benacchio
Library / Documentation / Culture
Tel: 01 40 50 50 19
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Biblioth%C3%A8que-de-lAmbassade-de-lInde-%C3%A0-Paris/128370094024884
Indian Musical CDs
Internship offer at the Embassy of India library
Young graduates are invited to apply for a non-remunerated internship of 59 days maximum by sending their resume along with their motivation letter of less than 350 words to Mr. Suresh Sharma, Attaché ([email protected]) and Ms. Gaëlle Benacchio ([email protected]), mentioning “Request for internship Library” as subject.
Requirements and desired profile:
- Student in documentation/library management or equivalent
- Knowledge of English
- Rigour, team-spirit, initiative
- Residence permit valid for the whole duration of the internship or ID proof for French citizens
Selection will be processed through resume, motivation letter and individual interview. The Embassy is liable to reject an application or end an internship at any moment without stating reasons for its decision.
A certificate of internship will be handed to the trainee after completion of the internship.
- Cataloguing, classification and inventory of the whole library collection
- Participation in the writing of the Library bulletin
- Updating of reference documents and databases (for instance, creating a listing of scholars specialized in Indian civilization)
- Possibility to help organizing cultural activities organized under the patronage of the Embassy of India
- Contributing to the general tasks of the cultural service